Independent Living Units
Oberon Council owns and manages units situated in Curtis and Balfour street located in Oberon. These units provide affordable accommodation for eligible residents of the Oberon LGA, to live independently at a subsidised cost.
To be eligible for Oberon Council's independent living units, an applicant must:
- Be a resident of the Oberon Council local government area
- Be capable of living independently
- Meet the eligibility criteria set by the independent living unit panel
- Meet the medical requirements to maintain independent living
- No pets are allowed in Council’s Independent Living Units unless approval has been given for an Emotional Support Animal (ESA)
- Meet the financial requirements
If you would like to enquire about availability of the independent living units or wish to be placed on a waiting list for future available units, please contact Council's Community Services Team or complete the ILU application and return to the Council.
Independent Living Units Application Form