As of 10.00am Wednesday 20 May, the Western NSW Local Health District has 45 confirmed cases of COVID-19.
The one new case is from someone who has returned from overseas and is in isolation in a hotel in Sydney.
One WNSWLHD case has been determined to be a false/positive result and removed from the total case count.
Local Government Area Total No. of cases No. of new cases No. of active cases
Bathurst Regional 9
Blayney Shire 3
Cabonne Shire 5
Dubbo Regional 6
Mid-Western Region 6
Narromine Shire 1
Orange City 11 1x new case. 1x active case
Parkes Shire 1
Warren Shire 1
Warrumbungle Shire 1
Weddin Shire 1
It is critical that everyone in all our local communities continue to practice social distancing to minimise the risk of the transmission of COVID-19.
This is important for everyone, but particularly for older people and people with health conditions that make them more vulnerable. It’s also important that we protect our health care workers who we need to stay well to provide care to people who become sick with COVID-19.
The best thing everyone can do at this point is to stay at home unless it is absolutely essential, and remember to:
• clean your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub
• cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue or a flexed elbow
• avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
• stay home if you are sick
• keep your distance from others as much as possible through social distancing
For advice and information about COVID-19 visit