Have you got ANY IDEAS for Oberon? Would you like to have a say in what our community will look like in 20 years? Council is currently undertaking consultation with the community.
We encourage as many as possible to HAVE YOUR SAY . . . .
The development of our Community Strategic Plan prioritises what services and infrastructure we will need and want for the future and how as a community we can achieve this. This is your opportunity to help shape our great region.
There are many ways you can Have Your Say
- Go to our website: www.oberon.nsw.gov.au and click on Oberon 2040 logo to complete the survey
- we will be conducting pop ups in the main street of Oberon, and
- connecting with our village communities at their community meetings in Black Springs, O’Connell and Burraga
- our young people will engage through a Future Leaders Forum ,
- we want to showcase our region through a Photography Competition open to all residents.
Details of all these events are available on Council’s website and Facebook pages.
Once we collect all the feedback and ideas, a cross section of our community will be invited to participate in the ‘Oberon Futures Forum’ being held Saturday 24 November 2018. At this event participants will work with specialist facilitators to take all your ideas and form them into directions and strategies that will form the basis of the new Oberon 2040 Community Strategic Plan. This plan then helps set the direction for Council and other service agencies to work together to deliver the future you want. If any residents are interested in participating, please register your interest by contacting Lynette Safranek at Oberon Council on 6329 8100.