Local Environmental Plan, LEP - Media Release from Oberon Mayor
Release Date: Thursday 11 April 2013
Over the past 8 years Oberon Council has been working on a draft Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and recently received endorsement from the NSW Department of Planning and Infrastructure (DPI) to publicly exhibit the draft LEP along with a draft Land Use Strategy (LUS).
Arrangements have been made to have copies of these documents available at the Council Administration Centre and Library, and also on Council's website www.oberon.nsw.gov.au.
During the exhibition period you are invited to make comment on these documents, with submissions closing at 4pm Friday 24 May 2013.
In conjunction with the formal exhibition process Council staff will attend a series of workshops or Public Open Days as follows:
• 4 May 2013 - Tablelands Way Farmers Markets, Oberon - 10.00am to 1pm
• 6 May 2013 - Oberon Community Centre, Oberon. 4.00pm to 6.30pm.
• 7 May 2013 - St Thomas Church Hall, O'Connell. 4.00pm to 6.30pm
• 8 May 2013 - Burraga Hall, Burraga. 4.00pm to 6.30pm
• 9 May 2013 - Black Springs Hall, Black Springs. 4.00pm to 6.30pm
• 14 May 2013 - Oberon Council Chambers, Oberon - 5.30pm to 8.30pm
These sessions will allow face to face contact with Council staff and provide the opportunity for you to learn more about these documents and how they will guide the long term development and future growth for the Oberon Local Government Area.
All feedback received at these sessions will be recorded and considered along with submissions received during the exhibition period, in developing the final LUS and LEP.
For more information please refer to Council's website or contact the Planning and Development Department on 6239 8129.
Mayor, John McMahon
For more information please navigate to the Land Use Strategy section of the website