The 2016 Waste to Art Regional Competition was held in Condobolin on Saturday 25 June. Oberon once again stood out winning seven awards!
Congratulations go to:-
• Jocelyn Armstrong: Table - Community Functional First Place
• Jocelyn Armstrong: Table - The HERB CLARKE MEMORIAL AWARD for excellence in Recycling incorporating timber (Oberon has won this prestigious award 4 times since its inauguration 5 years ago)
• Nicole O'Regan: Phoenix - Annual Waste Theme Used Tyres, Overall Best in Competition
• Oberon Public School K/IS - Sunset - Primary 2D First Place
• Oberon Public School Art Group - The Beach - Primary 3D Highly Commended
• St. Joseph's Infants - Milkoo - Sustainable Building Functional Highly Commended
• Friends of Oberon Library - Steel Street - Sustainable Building 3D Highly Commended
Once again thanks goes to our wonderful sponsors – Oberon Council, Borg Manufacturing, Reliance Credit Union, OAC and Oberon Rotary Club without whom we could not run this annual event. Thanks also to St Joseph’s School for allowing the use of the venue this year and of course the Friends of Oberon Library team that coordinate and facilitate the event.
Twenty Three Regional Councils enter and support W2A annually, Oberon continues to punch above its weight in so many areas, this being one of them…well done everyone.
Kathy Sajowitz & Celia Ravesi – W2A 2016 Coordinators.