FOOLs - Friends of Oberon Library Inc.
What we do:
- Support and promote the Oberon Library within the Local Community.
- Social functions & outings.
- Raise funds for Library items extra to those available through normal Library funding.
- Recycled book stalls at local shows and in the main street on the first Saturday of every month.
- Occasional evening meetings for Friends who cannot attend daytime meetings.
- Guest speakers and themed meetings.
- Support Waste to Art competitions/exhibitions/children’s literacy initiatives through both the Library and the local schools/ Oberon Writers Workshop and community issues as relevant.
- Support and promote local history projects
- Home deliver reading material to those unable to attend the Library personally
- Facilitate “Welcome Baby Bags” to all newborn future Library members in Oberon, this is supported by various sponsors
FOOL’s meet the second Tuesday of each month at the RH Community Centre, Fleming St commencing at 1.30pm followed by afternoon tea; several times a year we have guest speakers.
Newsletters are distributed regularly by email keeping members up to date on FOOLs and Library “happenings”.
The current committee is as follows:
|President / Secretary||Lyndle Hawkes||02 6336 1934|
|Vice President||Bev Evans||02 6336 1119|
|Treasurer / Public Officer||Tony Ravesi||02 6359 3109|
|Minutes Secretary||Kathy Sajowitz||0419 231 525|
|Publicity Officer||Celia Ravesi||02 6359 3109|
|Committee Members||Margaret Beilharz||02 6335 5334|
|Hardy Beilharz||02 6335 5334|
News and Upcoming Events
For enquiries and further information please contact Lyndle Hawkes 02 6336 1934