Council is seeking applications for the position of Labourer to undertake duties as a member of the Works and Technical Services Department, Works Section.
The position of Labourer will be responsible for day to day duties
in the parks and gardens, roads, water, waste depot areas of Council as allocated by the overseer. Higher grade duties for plant operations and Heavy Rigid (or Higher) will be paid when operating this equipment.
This is a permanent full time position based on 38 hours per week, plus regular overtime under the current Local Government (State) Award 2020. The salary range is Grade 5 Step 0 $978.96 per week to Grade 5 Step 4 $1135.60 per week.
To be successful you will need:
- Must hold a construction industry induction card issued by SafeWork NSW, – Work Safely in the construction industry.
- Relevant work experience in a labouring role either in Parks & Gardens, concreting, building, roads or signs maintenance.
- Demonstrate ability to work as a member of a team, follow instructions and complete assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend training and learn new skills associated with a variety of activities.
- Demonstrated ability to operate electronic devices i.e. mobile phone and/or tablet or be prepared to be trained in their operation.
- Demonstrate ability to carry out manual, physically demanding, labour on a day to day basis.
- Class C drivers licence.
- Have or prepared to obtain certificates in Chemical usage, endorsement for various heavy equipment/Plant, HC licence etc.
- MR/HR licence and experience operating a variety of plant and machinery.
- Previous experience working on road construction projects.
- Hold a current Implement Traffic Control Plans or Traffic Controller tickets
Click here to download the position description outlining the duties, essential and desirable criteria together with the key performance indicators.
Council’s contact officer for this position is Chris Schumacher Technical Services Director on 6329 8127 during business hours.
Council is committed to merit based selection and applications that do not fully address the key selection criteria may be excluded from being shortlisted for further progression in the recruitment process
Applications close 4pm Monday, 20 June 2022. All applications must be submitted via email to Human Resources, email@example.com and include a covering letter addressing the key selection criteria and a resume.