Aussie summers are iconic. They can also be tragic.
Each year, communities across NSW experience bush fires, home fires, floods, storms, heatwaves, power outages and other emergencies.
It’s important to be aware of and prepared for seasonal hazards, whether you’re at home, at work or away on holidays.
Get Ready for summer now in five simple steps:
- Know your risk - think about the area you’re in and the types of disasters that could affect you;
- Plan now for what you will do - sit down and talk with your family and plan for what you will do if a disaster affects your area;
- Get your home ready - prepare your home by doing general home maintenance and checking your insurance coverage;
- Be aware - find out how to prepare, what to do if there is a disaster in your area and connect with NSW emergency services to stay informed;
- Look out for each other - share information with your family, friends, neighbours and those who may need assistance.
Find out more: https://resilience.nsw.gov.au/prepare.html
Have fun and stay safe.