This section contains details of current positions vacant at Oberon Council as well as information on how to apply. Positions vacant will be advertised accordingly as they become available within the organisation.
CURRENT POSITIONS VACANT
Chief Financial Officer
Up to $139K + Super
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or Accounting combined with accredited CPA management qualifications and 5 years relevant work experience in a financial management role
- Demonstrated experience in developing, monitoring and reporting on budgets and long-term financial planning
- Demonstrated experience to provide financial guidance to see lodgement of end of year and audit functions finalised within the statutory timeframe requirements including FBT and GST and general operational annual returns.
- Local Government experience is also encouraged.
RECRUITMENT AT OBERON COUNCIL
For more information about working in Local Government generally, and the types of careers available, visit the Local Government NSW website.
Privacy - Oberon Council, as part of the recruitment process, will be collecting information about you. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and will be read by Council’s Records Staff, and members of the interviewing panel.
Equal Employment Opportunity - Council aims to ensure fair, equitable and non-discriminatory consideration for all applicants, regardless of sex, ethnic or racial origin, or physical disability.
Child Safe Organisation - Oberon Council is committed to being a child safe organisation by embedding the NSW Child Safe Standards within our organisational culture and practices.
Selection Process - It is important that your application is completed by the closing date, the selection committees are not obliged to accept late applications. All applications will be acknowledged. Oberon Council is committed to providing a fair and equitable selection process. The stages of the selection process are:
- Short-listing: The selection panel will assess all applications against the selection criteria contained in the position description. The panel will then decide which applicants best meet the criteria and will call for interview.
- Interviewing: You will be given at least 2 days notice if you are required for an interview. The interview panel will consist of 3 members, one of which will be a HR representative, who will work together to recommend the most suitable person for the position.
- Reference checks and other checks: Referee checks will be carried out on the recommended applicant/s. Positions that have been identified as child-related, will be required to undergo a National Police Check and obtain Working with Children Check.
- Pre-employment Medical assessment: As part of the recruitment process a pre-employment functional assessment at Council’s expense will be required.
- Notification of result: The successful applicant will be verbally notified as soon as possible after the interview and will receive a written letter of offer following this contact. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified by mail once the offer of employment has been accepted.
Joy Walker – Human Resources Manager
Phone: 02 632908150