Private Cemeteries

St Thomas' Anglican Church Cemetery, O'Connell

There are a number of private cemeteries in the Oberon Council Area. 

Hazelgrove Catholic Cemetery – historical cemetery under the control of The Trustees of the Roman Catholic Church, with the access road on private property
Located on Hazelgrove Road, Hazelgrove - on private property.
Hazelgrove was previously called “Slippery Creek” and this cemetery is also referred to as Slippery Creek Cemetery.
This cemetery covers an area of 8.5ha and has approximately 161 burial sites. 

Original Methodist Church –  public access allowed
Located on Duckmaloi Road, Oberon – approximately 1.9km from the centre of Oberon, between Albion St and Blenheim Ave.
Managed by the Uniting Church of Oberon. 
The Original Methodist Cemetery is still in use as a Uniting Church cemetery. The headstones in this burial ground date back to 1859. 

Mutton Falls Anglican Cemetery –  public access allowed
Located on cnr Mutton Falls Road and Lowes Mount Road, Mutton Falls – within the grounds of St Peters Anglican Church.
Managed by the Anglican Diocese of Bathurst.
This cemetery is also referred to as Tarana Anglican Cemetery. 
This cemetery was used from the 1860s to the 1980s and has approximately 202 burial sites. St Peters Church is used only for special occasions such as weddings or funerals. 

O'Connell Private Cemetery – public access allowed
Located approximately 250m off Beaconsfield Road, 500m from O'Connell Road and is approached from a driveway behind St Thomas’ Anglican Church.
Managed by the Anglican Diocese of Bathurst.
This cemetery is also referred to as O’Connell Anglican Cemetery.
The Anglican Cemetery is part of St Thomas' Church precinct which includes a Rectory, Church, Hall and Tennis Court. Headstones record burials from 1835 to 1964. There are approximately 86 burial sites. 

Catholic Church Cemetery, O'Connell – closed, historical cemetery on private property
Located on O'Connell Road at O’Connell – on private property. 
Enquiries regarding burials may be directed to the Catholic Chancery Office of Bathurst.
This cemetery is also referred to as O’Connell Catholic Cemetery.
A small cemetery is located behind St Francis of Assisi Catholic Church on O'Connell Road at O'Connell. The Church, school and convent are privately owned and permission must be received to access the cemetery. This cemetery is unusual because it spans a limited time range, from 1868 until 1900. There are approximately 72 burial sites.

Brisbane Valley Catholic Cemetery – closed, historical cemetery on private property
Located on Foley's Creek Road, Oberon – on private property. 
Enquiries regarding access may be directed to the property owners, details may be obtained by contacting Oberon Council.
This cemetery is also referred to as Foleys Creek Cemetery. 
The Brisbane Valley Catholic Cemetery is a small denominational cemetery enclosed by pastoral valley. The cemetery was in use from 1857 to 1950.

White Spring Cemetery – closed, historical cemetery on private property
Located on Campbells River Rd – on private property.
This cemetery is also referred to as the Historical Cemetery at Black Springs.
The White Springs cemetery was in use between 1858 and 1911. Burial records at Bathurst, Oberon and Lithgow Courthouses indicate that at least 47 people were buried in the cemetery during this time. Eight monuments remain at the site.

Further information about location, access and interments at these cemeteries can be found at:
www.interment.net
www.australiancemeteries.com.au
https://austcemindex.com