The Swimming Pool Complex is located in Cunynghame Street, Oberon. It is open from mid November to the middle of March each year (to coincide with eastern summer time daylight saving). A new roof enclosure has been installed at the Oberon Pool during the off-season.
The Oberon Pool Complex 2015/16 season will run from Friday 4 November 2015 to Sunday 23 April 2016. Additional dates may be added at the end of the season dependent upon the weather.
- Monday to Friday: 7:00am - 9:00am and 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Weekends and school holidays: 10:00am - 7:00pm
The complex has the following features:
- 25 metre heated pool
- Wading pool with beach entry
- Disabled access to the main pool
- A 12 metre heated pool
- Modern sand filtration system incorporating continual disinfection (sodium hypochlorite) doseage.
- Swim School
- Separate male and female ablution blocks
- BBQ and picnic facilities
- Recreation Room available for Birthday parties and other gatherings
- Grass volleyball court
- Trained and qualified Pool Lifeguards
Season passes can be purchased at Oberon Council, or at the Pool Complex.
Private and group lessons are available.
All instructors are Austswim/ASCTA and RLSSA trained and accredited. We attempt to meet the needs of our enrolments as individually as possible. It is suggested that you enrol for lessons early, even if you do not wish to have lessons until later in the season.
Learn-to-Swim Drowning prevention study by the National Institute of Health has reported that learning to swim in the age 1-4 years and after greatly reduces the likelihood of drowning.
- Phone: 02 6329 8251